Ladies Day at Royal Ascot – Win an Omar Mansoor Dress
Today is Ladies Day at Royal Ascot. My bets are placed and the fashion stakes will be also be high. Royal Ascot is a great British institution, with dress rules to match. It can be tough to know what to wear for the weather, what to wear to be in line with the rules and what to wear to be stylish.
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length defined as falling just above the knee or longer
- Dresses and tops should have straps of one inch or greater
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn, but the dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Royal Enclosure dress code
- Hats should be worn; a headpiece which has a base of 4 inches (10cm) or more in diameter is acceptable as an alternative to a hat
And a warning..
Fascinators are no longer permitted; neither are headpieces which do not have a base covering a sufficient area of the head (4 inches / 10cm)
If you are in the main grandstand things are a little more relaxed:
- A hat, headpiece or fascinator should be worn at all times
- Strapless or sheer strap dresses and tops are not permitted
- Jackets and pashminas may be worn but dresses and tops underneath should still comply with the Grandstand Admission dress code
- Midriffs must be covered
- Shorts are not permitted – as if you would wear them anyway to such an event!
Win an Omar Mansoor Dress
To celebrate Ladies Day at Royal Ascot, London couturier Omar Mansoor, a designer I have been following for some time at London Fashion Week, has collaborated with LadyM Presents to give away a gorgeous dress from his Ascot Ladies Day collection.
The dress below, in a size 8 is the one up for grabs. Gorgeous golden Chantilly lace, the perfect length for Ladies Day. It is just stunning. Simple yet exquisite, which is how I have described Omar’s collections in the past, I have even stated that I would love him to design my wedding dress one day! There is always something magical about his work. Omar has been officially designing a collection on the dress code of Royal Ascot since 2009 and has many a veteran race goer on his client list. Omar has showcased at London Fashion Week six times and has Middle Eastern royalty as clients too.
So this is your chance to own a piece of fabulous fashion. Simply answer the question below:
For his Royal Ascot 2013 collection, Omar has used Chantilly Lace creating a romantic and fresh look. These dresses are stunning and transitional, wear to a wedding, to a cocktail party, to summer events.
I would team them with a pair of high heels to elongate the legs and give the horses a run for their money in the legs stakes and finish off your look with a one-off piece of millinery such as from Holly’s Hats for a stunning look.
Dress Photography: Colin Chau
T’s & C’s
The competition will be close on Monday 24th June 2013. One entry per email address. Any comments left containing the answer will not be posted. There is no cash alternative or alternative size of the prize. The winner will be drawn at random and notified by email.
Endource | Get the fashionistas favourite piecesJuly 27th, 2015
Interiors | Tropical TrendJuly 26th, 2015
Whistles x FrameJuly 1st, 2015
Day at the Races with M&CoJune 29th, 2015
How to survive great British summertime with BarbourJune 23rd, 2015